The Pale Skin Edit No. 1|Foundation

16 January 2017

I personally like a foundation that is the correct colour for my skin. I have struggled for years to find the perfect foundation and i will admit even to this day i struggle. Within the Pale Skin Edit i will be updating you on my favourite items for pale skin...they may not work for you personally but for my skin they work, first lets talk about the base product, the foundation.

Well lets just say 9 times out of 10 you will have to avoid the drugstore and head to the high end shops to purchase a foundation which is no doubt more than £20. Frustrating i know, but it is better than not being colour matched and wearing a foundation that makes you look orange...unless that is what you like, then go for it. 





A life saver for anyone with pale skin is a foundation mixer. I have tried both The Body Shop shade adjusting drops in lightning (£10) and the NYX pro foundation mixer in White (£7.50). I must say they're very similar, they do basically the same thing, they lighten your foundation. I am currently using the NYX one, as i found the body shop packaging extremely frustrating. It uses a dropper which works for the first month and then when you start to get half way through the product it no longer works and you have to try and tip some of the product onto the back of your hand without pouring the whole bottle on you. For someone who is accident prone and not a morning person, steer clear. 


Lets talk about Bobbi Brown foundations first. Personally one of my favourite brands, especially if you are pale. I own the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Warm Ivory (£29.50), as well as the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 in Warm Ivory (£32.50). Personally i prefer to use the liquid foundation over the stick form as it is just what i am used to and i tend to find the stick form is more of a hassle to blend in, i'm sure you have realised by now i am all about the easy life. The Bobbi Brown shade selection is great, it starts with Alabaster (00), then Porcelain (0) and then moves to either Ivory or Warm Ivory (1). I personally use Warm Ivory when i have a tan, and then will use a foundation mixer during the colder seasons as per usual. Of course if i wanted i could always go and repurchase this foundation in a lighter shade, but when you have a foundation mixer i personally do not see the point in spending £30 on a brand new foundation when a foundation mixer is under £10. The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 is the perfect lightweight foundation, and if you have dry skin it is perfect. It does not cling to any dry patches and it does not feel as if you are wearing a foundation. 


A more luxurious product priced at a hefty £37 is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 3I tend to use this product more for when i need a slightly heavier coverage, and am having a bad skin day. It is an amazing foundation, it does exactly what it say. It makes you look luminous and it is so silky. The biggest bonus is they have shades for pale skin, hallelujah! I currently own this foundation in shade 3, and they have a shade lighter than this one! However it is pink based, hence why i own shade 3. My skin has yellow undertones, so wearing a foundation which is on the pink side does not match me as well. It is noticeable that this foundation is one of the lightest mention in the Pale Skin Edit, and it is hassle free. No mixing products together to find the perfect shade, as this foundation matches my skin-tone almost perfectly.


I tend to stay away from Mac Cosmetics, yes they have over 10 shades in most of their foundations. However, i will say i am someone who likes a very light coverage foundation and in regards to Mac's lightest shades they don't quite cut it for me. Their only foundation which i have repurchased again and again is the Face and Body Foundation in C1 retailing for £22. This is their only foundation which works for my skin, it isn't too cakey, it does not cling to dry skin and is a perfect shade for my summer skin. As you can see in the swatch image this foundation is a quite a few shades darker than the Giorgio Armani and the Bobbi Brown Foundations, and this shade by Mac is supposedly their lightest shade in this foundation. Hence why during the colder months when i am not so tanned i have to use the NYX Pro Foundation Mixer in White to ensure my foundation matches my skin tone. It is a hassle, but when the foundation is this good I am more than willing. 

The L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Cushion foundation in the shade Porcelain (01) is my all time favourite foundation and retails for £14.99. However, due to the poor shade selection within drugstore products, if you are extremely pale this foundation will not work for you. I call this my summer foundation, and i wish i could wear it all year round. As you can see in the swatches this is the darkest foundation, and although this is the Pale Skin Edit, i couldn't not mention this foundation as it is incredible. This is the only foundation that i tend to not use a foundation mixer with due to the way i apply it. Trying to mix a cushion foundation with a foundation mixer is not easy. It is light coverage, but can be buildable, it gives you dewy skin and it is so easy to blend into your skin. Even though it may not be 100% the correct shade for my skin tone in these winter months, it is definitely a must have in my collection for the summer.




Those are my personal favourite foundations and they work well for my skin. Personally if you are pale skinned your best friend will be a foundation mixer and you need one in your life. 
I still struggle to find that perfect shade foundation but i have found some which suite my preferences. Although, the foundations mentioned may not be the correct shade for my winter skin-tone, it does not matter when you own a Foundation Mixer.

What is your favourite foundation for your skin? 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Pale Skin Blog. Design by Fearne.