Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick: My thoughts

20 November 2015

Hey again, hope you're all well. So recently I purchased Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation Stick. I heard and read some amazing reviews about it, and thought I would give it a try because my skin was going through a bad patch.


Now, I love love love the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Liquid, it is my most worn foundation and possibly the only foundation I have ever repurchased I love it that much. So when I heard about the Skin Foundation Stick I just could not resist.

While the Skin Foundation Liquid is very natural, glowy and gives you the look of your skin but better (hence the name). The Skin Foundation Stick provides a medium-full coverage. I personally have combination to dry skin and I must say I never really wear a heavy coverage foundation, but the ingredients in the Foundation Stick just mesmorised me, like olive extracts and shea butter, it just sounds like a dream.  

I must say it does not feel at all heavy on the skin, and once it has settled, give it about 10-15 minutes to do so, it just looks beautiful and radiant. 
If you are one who wants to apply concealer with the Foundation Stick, I recommend doing so before you apply the foundation. It just makes life a lot easier and give's a better result afterward. 

The texture of the Stick Foundation is a mousse to cream like consistency. It is the opposite to the Skin Foundation liquid. I have to admit the first time I swatched it I was not to impressed as it felt very dry to the touch and it was not the easiest to blend in with your fingers. However, I pressed on and I am very very glad I did. It is definitley foundation that needs to have time spent on it to work it into the skin, so it is not the best for a quick makeup rush in the morning. I found the best way to apply the Stick Foundation is with the Zoeva 104 buffer brush and then I tend to go in with my beauty blender after, just to ensure a seamless finish. 


I must add that when I blend it into the skin it does tend to tug a little. However, I found with a fully prepped face beforehand makes the application must easier. 
Another thing I must also point out is if you have any dry patches make sure you moisturise well before hand, as I have found on occasion it does tend to stick to those areas. 

It is definitely medium coverage, and have found it even doubles as a concealer which is always a good thing. And I have definitely found myself bringing it along with me wherever I go incase I feel I need a little extra coverage throughout the day.


I have used this foundation about 6 times now, and have found it lasts extremely well on my skin. I must point out I do powder my t-zone, but still the lasting power on this foundation beats other foundations I have used by miles. 
After a 9-hour shift my bronzer was fading, my blush was practically gone but the Foundation Stick was still slayin'. 

I purchased the Foundation Stick in shade 1 'warm ivory', and it matches my skin tone perfectly at the moment, although I must point out that I do still have a slight tan from the summer. But I am very happy to mention to anyone who is pale faced like myself, that Bobbi Brown do another two shades, which are lighter than my current shade. And I highly recommend any Bobbi Brown base products to all those pale beauties out there, and of course to anyone else. Bobbi Brown have 24 shades in the Foundation Stick, that is right 24 shades, that is incredible, so you are bound to find the perfect shade for your skin tone. 

Final Thoughts

As I have mentioned above my favourite Bobbi Brown foundation is the Skin Foundation Liquid, and my mind has not changed. The Skin Foundation Stick is fuller coverage than I would usually go for. I usually reach for this foundation if I know I am having a full day out and want my foundation to last for a long time, or if I am going on a night out with the girls.

Overall, the Skin Foundation Stick is best for those who want fuller coverage, or a foundation that stays put for a good 9 hours. It has got a fairly expensive price tag of £29.50, but I will say it is worth it, especially if you are like me and can never find your shade in the drugstore. 

So if you are looking for a foundation that stays put, comes in 24 shades (I still have not gotten over have many shades Bobbi Brown does) and looks beautiful on the skin maybe this is the foundation for you...



I hope this review has helped anyone reading, and if you end up buying please let me know, or if you have any thoughts I would love to hear them.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Pale Skin Blog. Design by Fearne.