The Trench Coat

31 March 2016

I know we are getting out of the season for coats and the jackets are coming out. But I have had my eyes on this beautiful pale pink, lightweight belted truster (trench coat/duster coat) from Topshop for quite some time now. 

I first purchased this coat in a size 6 from the normal range. I am not a size 6 (I wish) but this coat is meant to be oversized and after reading some reviews on the website I decided that opting for a size down would be the best option. When it arrived it was like love at first sight, but there was one flaw, the length. Why do I have to have short legs, sometimes it is such an issue. It looked beautiful but it just swamped me, and I knew it didn't look as perfect as it could. 


All I could think was 'Topshop why do you not do it in the petite range'. However Topshop must've heard me, as about 3 weeks later, there it was in the petite range. I could not contain my excited, I knew I needed the coat in my life so I went for it. This time, I opted for a size 4 from the petite range hoping that it wouldn't swamp my body.

My gosh it was wonderful, it fit in all the right places, the colour is beautiful and I felt so girly and ready for spring to arrive. I have to mention that if I'm wearing an outfit with tights and I button up the coat, I always worry that people are thinking I have my lingerie on underneath, very cliche, I know, but honest I am wearing clothes. If i'm not worrying about that, i'm thinking do I look like 'inspector gadget'. Honestly though this truster is a stable in my wardrobe and people can believe what they want. 


Most trench coats are usually the standard beige colour, and go with nearly every outfit. The challenge with a powder pink trench coat is of course, it does not go with every single outfit, but for those colourless outfits that are a stable in my style it adds that bit colour one needs

1.  The price. At £85 it is expensive, but coats are expensive. Personally I think it is £85 well and truly spent, and if they did this coat in other colours I would most certainly purchase them.
2.  Thickness. The truster, as Topshop call it, is the perfect thickness in my opinion. I'm someone who always feels the cold, but this coat manages to keep me at a good temperature. It isn't too thick for the English weather this time of year, and it isn't too thin. So personally it is the perfect coat for the English weather, and I will probably still be wearing it throughout the summer on those colder days. 
3.  Colour. I'm not the biggest fan of pink, but when I saw this it is the perfect shade of powder pink. It isn't too bright and it isn't too dull. It adds that little bit of colour to my outfits, which is normally needed as I do tend to opt for the staple black and white options. 
4.  The fit. I have definitely found that you need to size down. I'm normally a size 8, but I have a size 4 in this coat. It all depends on how over fitting you want it to be. personally I think opting down at least one size is the best option. If you're like me, and you prefer your coats to be fitted then go down two sizes, it makes all the difference. 

Coat: Topshop. Top: Asos. Leather Skirt: Asos. Boots: Topshop. Bag: Kate Spade.  


Do I recommend this coat?
Of course...
It is the best purchase I have made in a long time, I wear it with nearly every outfit and I'm definitely getting my money's worth. 

What is your opinion on the trench coat?
Would you opt for the classic beige trench coat, or the coloured trench coat?

You know my opinion, let me know yours.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Pale Skin Blog. Design by Fearne.